Online Culture & Engagement SurveyIdentify your organisation's strengths and development needs by assessing its current culture and engagement. Reports provide diagnosis and advice for building a solid foundation for the future.
Culture & Engagement Survey
The culture, values and level of employee engagement within an organisation are widely acknowledged as having key influences on its performance and effectiveness. These influences can be both positive and negative, and may impact on both harder quantitative aspects of organisational performance (e.g. productivity, profitability) and softer, qualitative aspects (e.g. staff morale, motivation and team work).
It has also been suggested that the most effective business leaders are those who pay attention not only to what a company does in terms of its operations, but also to how it does it. Additionally, the affect an organisation’s culture, values, and engagement often extends beyond those who work directly for it – for example, it can also effect customers, suppliers and prospective recruits.
An organisation’s culture, values, and engagement will therefore have a crucial impact on the way it operates. It influences what behaviours are rewarded, how people work together and how decisions are made. Managers need to have access to accurate, reliable and comprehensive information about their organisation’s perceived culture and values and to act promptly yet sensitively to deal with the implications that follow.
- Provides a structured framework for understanding, interpreting and managing corporate culture, values and engagement
- Establishes a platform for decision making and future action planning
- Completely customisable, at no extra cost
- Allows you to benchmark your results against other organisations of your size, geographic region and business sector
- Guiding the development and/or implementation of corporate strategy and change
- Evaluating the effectiveness of specific strategic initiatives
- Highlighting differences (and potential conflicts) between different groups of staff (e.g. managers and direct reports, different functions, geographically dispersed units)
- Assessing the potential and actual impact of mergers and acquisitions
- Clarifying the context for personnel decision making and action planning (e.g. increasing attraction, clarifying selection, enhancing training, reducing staff turnover, managing redundancy)
The Culture & Engagement Survey Process
What does the Culture & Engagement Survey Measure?